Talk a little bit about your geographic origins that you associate yourself with the most and why.    You may see me wearing Viking traditional clothing or a Welsh tartan.  Second, we often speak about the demographic information associated with travellers.  This is information that we associate with the identity of a particular person.  Tell a story about what type of traveller you are and provide a few images to support your description.  Be sure to integrate into your description a critical analysis that summarizes the type of traveller you are from literature and market segmentation studies.

As someone who grew up in Kamloops, B.C. I enjoy spending my time in the out of the city and travelling to spots that have the best outdoor scenes. From the mountains to the ocean, the outdoors is really what draws me in to a destination.

As a 21-year-old, I am considered part of Generation Z. I am also an unmarried Caucasian female working towards a Bachelor degree from a post-secondary institution.  While not in school, I work lower-paying jobs throughout the summer months to pay for expenses during the school year.

My interests and preferred activities include mountain biking, skiing, hiking, and camping. Anything that involves spending time in nature has the ability to capture my interest! I would consider my values and attitudes to be more progressive and forward-thinking with topics like gender equality and climate change on the front of my mind.

According to the Canadian Explorer Quotient, I am considered an Authentic Experiencer. Being an Authentic Experiencer means I am ethical, open-minded, and curious, and enjoy spending my time fully immersed in the travel experience. I can appreciate the unique natural and cultural environments of every destination and enjoy learning from local museums or visiting spectacular world heritage sites. I enjoy being immersed in the local culture and seek personal-improvement through these experiences that take place within the destination.

One of my favourite things about travelling is getting to experience what each destination has to offer. Whether I am visiting it for the first time or the 100th, I always find something new I love about wherever I am. Living in B.C. means I have access to so many incredible outdoor destinations and travelling to these spots with my friends who are not Canadian has always proved to be worthwhile. Getting to experience these spots with someone who has never visited before really brings me out of my “local” mindset and allows me to see the beauty that I have missed previously.

The below photos really sum up my travel when it comes to where I am going and what I am doing while at the destination. I usually am lucky to travel quite a bit for opportunities related to my work as a professional mountain biker. Working as an outdoor athlete often means being immersed in some of the most breathtaking locations to get the perfect photos!

Enjoying the view while aboard the ferry from Horseshoe Bay to the Sunshine Coast. Photo by Max Loukidelis

5:00 am sunrise on the mountain gives me a unique perspective of the destination. Photo by Reuben Krabbe

My favourite travel memories always involve exploring new locations with friends by my side. One of my travel highlights has to be travelling around Australia by car, riding all the best trails in the country and getting to be immersed in all the local communities. Although Australia has many similarities to Canada, the experience of visiting local bakeries, breweries, and cafes has always been a way to connect with the local scene for me. These are the travel memories that I will never forget and that have proven to be some of the most influential for my own personal growth.

Explorer Quotient. https://www.destinationcanada.com/en/tools.